Community over Politics
Father and Husband
Volunteer with Osceola County Special Olympics
GET ON BOARD
Take Part in Change
My name is Coach Will Fonseca. Thank you for taking the time to read this. I have called Osceola County home for 22 years. I am a family man, a coach, and a man who is willing to do things within the community that benefit us all. I believe in community over politics and doing what’s right for the children of our community.
As an Osceola County resident, coach, and parent of two. I understand the impact schools have on our children and the role the district plays in our community. I realize that there is so much more that can be achieved.
After endless hours of research and conversations, I realize today more than ever, that I need to take the advice I give the youth as a coach, “when you see that something needs to be done, don’t be a bystander, be the one that takes action.” I am learning every day that if I wish to see change, I must be part of the change myself.
As a community coach and leader, I am ready to make a difference for my community. For these reasons, I have decided to run for Osceola County School Board in District 4.
This opportunity will allow me to work within the school district and with other community leaders, including other school board members to bring about a greater vision for Osceola County. A vision that promotes equity in education, not based on ethnicity, race, creed, religion, or color, but on a quality education for every single child.
I have a vision that goes beyond mottos and marketing; it provides Osceola’s students with educational opportunities that are holistic, realistic, and applicable to the world we live in today, and applicable to the world our students will live in tomorrow. That vision includes:
• Real world experiences that prepare our kids to lead productive adult lives.
• Rebuilding the relationship the district has with the teachers that is not adversarial, but based in working together towards solutions.
• School Safety, including keeping School Resource Officers in our schools.
• Athletics programs that promote the characteristics that will keep this country competitive, such good health, strong minds, discipline, and work ethic.
• We need to be proactive on Post COVID studies and have programs ready for students who need it.
I feel that my commonsense approach to finding solutions and my lifelong commitment to the community, will not only benefit our students, but our district and our county. Our students, parents and our teachers deserve the best, and I intend to deliver that. I humbly ask and hope that you support me as I embark on this journey.
Thank you and God bless you.